You’ve still got a couple of days to write a story for our competition, and win the chance to have it showcased at the festival (amongst other things), but perhaps you have other talents you can bring to the day and help us make it into a terrific show.
We are looking for volunteers and workers on the day SUNDAY 21st December to:
- set up signage, banners and book/CD/information stalls at each of the venues
- fill and heat urns, and make sure everyone gets breakfast at the early session (8am) and take a donation from them.
- check people at the writing workshops have a ticket/ are on the guest list,
- sell books,
- look after winning writers (see above) musicians, hosts and BSL interpreters,
- help the audience find us and help find an audience
- clear up at West Greenwich Library and take books etc from there up to the Royal Observatory
- clear up at the end of the day at The Royal Observatory
- take charge of videoing the entire event (paid)
- take pictures, tweet and Facebook throughout the day
- marshall all the volunteers! (paid)
We need to be at West Greenwich Library for 7am, so I mean it about early rising! We MAY need people with cars to ferry judges, performers and prize winners to the venues if by some strange chance TFL decide to do major works on the local Train & DLR lines that day – what are the chances? Last Sunday before Christmas…
We will pay generous travel and subsistence expenses, and a lovely limited edition t-shirt, and we will try to make it fun! Some roles are paid (at london living wage) because they are critical to the smooth running of the show. You don’t have to do the whole day – we are on two sites so there are logical breaks, you can do an 8-12 shift or an 11-4 shift. You can even do just a couple of hours – although for ease of management we will prioritise people who can do a whole AM or PM shift. And of course you are welcome to participate as an audience member at any point you aren’t actively engaged elsewhere.
We are going to need people to leaflet – in the run up locally and in particular at tourist sites in Greenwich (stations, park, naval college, market…) on weekends for a couple of weeks beforehand, and on the day around Greenwich, particularly in the park. These are paid opportunities, on account of the fun factor being a bit limited!
Help us get the message out: talk, sign, sing, post, tweet … whatever it is you do, mention Solstice Shorts! @SolShorts. https://arachnepress.com/solstice-shorts